Rosewater Toner benefits:
– Great for all skin types.
– It’s soothing and nourishing.
– It’s an awesome toner it can help balance your skin.
– Great makeup setter, helps you get that dewy finish.
– Rose water helps tighten pores and helps with redness.
What you will need:
– Rose Petals
– Spray Bottle or Glass Container
– Distilled Water
1. Place your petals in a pot and put in water until it covers the petals
2. Let the water and petals sit for approximately a half hour on low heat (most of the color should be removed from the rose petals)
3. Remove the pot from the burner and cover, let it sit to cool. This should take about an hour.
4. Strain your rosewater in a glass container or spray bottle. (I like to do both, so I have one to use as a toner, and then I use the spray to set my makeup.)
Remember, since your toner is natural and doesn’t have any preservatives make sure to keep it in the fridge and use it within a week or two!
So I’m doing a cleanse (More on that later) But it consists of A LOT of veggies and A LOOOT of will power – lol! I found the original recipe here and honestly I was a little skeptical of the taste and substituting cauliflower for rice but surprisingly I think I’d prefer it over rice, the consistency is very much like rice and it has more flavor in my opinion, plus the herbs and spices you use, make this whole dish very flavorful!
Ingredients (2 Servings)
• 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 1⁄4 tsp. salt
• 1⁄4 cup water
• 1 yellow, 1 orange and 1 red peppers cut into thin strips • 2 cups broccoli florets
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste • Chopped green onions
1. In a food processor or blender, pulse the cauliflower florets until they resemble grains of rice.
2. In a large skillet, warm 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the 1⁄2 of the onion to the olive oil and sauté for about 3 minutes or until the onion becomes transparent. Add 1 clove of minced garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Add the finely chopped cauliflower to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and add the 1⁄4 cup of water. Cover and allow the cauliflower to steam for 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, warm the second Tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining onion and sauté for 3 minutes and then add the remaining garlic sauté for an additional 30-60 seconds.
5. Finally add the peppers, broccoli, and sauté for an additional 5-6 minutes. When the vegetables are tender, season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the vegetables over the cauliflower and garnish with chopped green onions.
H&M Jacket, Le Tote Top, Le Tote Bracelet, Le Tote Earrings, Gap Jeans, Express Clutch, Madewell Heels
I feel like almost every post I write I start out by saying how crazy and hectic my life has been.. But seriously guys, it’s been crazy! Our wedding is just 3 months away. WHHAAT. So insane. It’s all becoming more realistic now that we’re working on the invitations, meeting with our florist and next weekend is cake tasting and today we did our registry at Tar Jayyy so that’s purty exciting! I hope you’re having a terrific weekend! xo
Hey guys! Happy Wednesday so today’s post is super super exciting because I’ve teamed up with HP for That Bass Tour | Bend the rules with Meghan Trainor project.
We’ve gotten together and on behalf of HP they’re going to give a laptop away to one of you!! All you have to do is head over to my Instagram, give HP a follow on Instagram and comment on my Instagram post telling me how you’d “bend the rules”
I’m super excited for this project and am super PUMPED that I get to give one of you guys a new Laptop! YAY!!
Hp Instagram | My Instagram
This Giveaway is on Instagram Only
I hope you’re having a terrific week xx
FTC – Sometimes I get lucky enough to work with fun brands but only accept the opportunities if I think the fit is right for my blog and readers. Thank you HP for this fun sponsorship!
Happy Wednesday guys! In honor of yesterday’s Fat Tuesday, I thought I’d throw a little healthy post at ya! I heard the rave of Kale Chips all over Pinterest but was very skeptical of it. Now that I’ve tried it, oh my gosh guys, they’re freaking AMAZING. I’m obsessed!! I promise you, you just need to give them a try. I found the recipe from the blog, Tastes Better From Scratch so if you would like the break down on how to make them, make sure to check her blog out it’s super simple!!
So other than Kale chips being super tasty, here are some benefits of kale, in general.
High in Vitamin K
– Vitamin K so I’m not a doctor, but I’ve read that high levels of vitamin K can help prevent certain cancers. As well as helping with blood clotting.
High in Vitamin C
– Helps your immune system and metabolism
High in Vitamin A
– Helps your skin and vision
High in Calcium
– More calcium than Orange Juice!
High in Iron and –
Helps to be an anti inflammatory
If you’d like more information on Kale benefits, you can read this article here
1. Lingerie Top, Bottom | 2. The Balm Nude Dude Palette | 3. NARS Jungle Red Semi Matte Lip | 4. The Mix Clara Dress |5. JCrew Tassel Earrings | 6. Valentines Day Card | 7. NARS Ithaque Polish
Well, we might as well stay on this little Valentines Day train so I put together some of my favorite Valentinesish Day Items! In complete honesty, as fun as it is to dress up and look all pretty, Matt and I will probably spend our Valentines day eating take out and watching Family Feud because that’s just how crazy we are. (Which seems like the perfect night to me.)
Anyways, I hope you guys have a terrific Valentines Day/Night! Do you have any fun plans?
Valentines Day is one of my favorite days to do a fun a cutesy DIY. I’m not a huge DIYer (I’d like to do more) but over the last couple years these DIYs have been my favorites! Since Valentines Day is right around the corner, I thought I’d share them with you!
The Alison Show Mini Heart Shaped Donut – Image & Recipe Via
Kronprinsessene Simplistic Valentines Day Packaging – Image DIY Via
Camille Styles XOXO Valentines Brownies – Image & Recipe Via
The Proper Blog DIY Pucker Planters – Image & DIY Via
Oh Happy Day Valentines Day Confetti Crackers DIY – Image DIY Via
Walk In Love XOXO DIY Painted Tablecloth -Image DIY Via
Design Love Fest DIY Heart Pillow – Image & DIY Via
A Beautiful Mess XOXO DIY Heart Clutch – Image & DIY Via
Design Mom DIY Confetti Sprinkled Napkins – Image & DIY Via
Leanne Bakes Chocolate Covered Valentines Day Pretzels – Image & Recipe Via
Houndstooth Cape – Sparrow Boutique | Boots – DSW | Hat – Threads on 8th | Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag
Woah woah woah.. 2015 you can slow down a little.. Holy Hannah has it felt like this month has completely flown by?! I feel like it was New Years Eve yesterday, and now it’s the end of the month. So insane!! I hope you all are doing well, and I hope 2015 is treating you well so far. I hope you are still going after those 2015 goals, and if not, I hope this post was a little reminder to do so!
So this houndstooth cape has been my absolute go-to. If you look a few posts back, I talked all about it, and it’s defiantly a staple in my closet. I think it’s super stylish and sort of gives the vibe that you tried but really, all I did was throw it on over a black top!
Anyways, I hope you’re doing well and hope you’ve had an amazing start to the new year!